Publications — Asthma
There is active research around YKL-40 as a biomarker in a variety of disease states. Recent studies have linked elevated YKL-40 levels to a variety of aggressive and invasive cancers, asthma and cirrhosis. A list of publications can be found in the links at the right.
- G. Chupp. A Chitinase-like Protein in the Lung and Circulation of Patients with Severe Asthma. Anonymous. Anonymous. N.Engl.J.Med. 357:2016-2027, 2007.
- P. A. Knight, J. Pate, W. D. Smith, and H. R. Miller. An ovine chitinase-like molecule, chitinase-3 like-1 (YKL-40), is upregulated in the abomasum in response to challenge with the gastrointestinal nematode, Teladorsagia circumcincta. Vet.Immunol Immunopathol. 120 (1-2):55-60, 2007.
- J. Kzhyshkowska. Human Chitinases and Chitinase-Like Proteins as Indicators for Inflammation and Cancer... Biomarker Insights 2:128-146, 2007.
- C. Ober. Effect of Variation in CHI3L1 on Serum YKL-40 Level, Risk of Asthma, and Lung Function... N.Engl.J.Med. 358:1682-1691, 2008.
- M. Pretolani. [From mollusk to man: YKL-40, a novel mediator of severe asthma]. Med Sci (Paris) 24 (3):235-237, 2008.
- Rathcke CN, Holmkvist J, Husmoen LL, Hansen T, Pedersen O, Vestergaard H, Linneberg A. Association of polymorphisms of the CHI3L1 gene with asthma and atopy: a populations-based study of 6514 Danish adults. PLoS One. 2009 Jul 1;4(7):e6106
- Tang H, Fang Z, Sun Y, Li B, Shi Z, Chen J, Zhang T, Xiu Q. YKL-40 in asthmatic patients, and its correlations with exacerbation, eosinophils and immunoglobulin E. Eur Respir J. 2010 Apr;35(4):757-60.
- Furuhashi K, Suda T, Nakamura Y, Inui N, Hashimoto D, Miwa S, Hayakawa H, Kusagaya H, Nakano Y, Nakamura H, Chida K. Increased expression of YKL-40, a chitinase-like protein, in serum and lung of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Respir Med. 2010 Mar 26.
- Lee CG, Elias JA. Role of breast regression protein-39/YKL-40 in asthma and allergic responses. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2010;2(1):20-7.